Spread the LOVE. . .

Spread the LOVE. . .
with gifts from the artisan's soul

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Special Rememberance this Dia

Earlier this year Charles and I lost 'Papa Chuck' (Charles' father) and it has been hard knowing he is no longer physically present with us. I especially looked forward to Dia de los Muertos this year as I wanted to do something special in his honor. Papa Chuck was our 'honoree' at the head of our community altar and I think he really enjoyed the Fiesta. We made sure we left out some of his favorite things for him to enjoy- Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream and a bottle of Jack Daniel's. I embrace the beauty of this celebration because it truly honors those who have passed in a very reverend manner which I personally feel is so enlightened.

No comments: